Thursday, September 25, 2008

ENLIGHTENMENT!!!

Okay - I've finally realised that I've done a few things back to front but I am now on the path to enlightenment!

Today I explored the Social bookmarking Website of Delicious. I found it quite easy to activate and then use.

You can make bookmarks of just about anything - websites, individual entries (such as individual bibliographies within the State Library website) and much more that I haven't had time to try - yet.

A WORD OF WARNING - when you use a "tag" for new bookmarks - like a subject heading - remember that spaces between the words makes the program think that each word is a different tag: "cook books" will enter your bookmarks under cook and books making 2 separate entries under both words.

If you just want a "tag" of cookbooks - use either one word like cookbooks or use hyphens like cook-books.

Clear as mud? Give it a go and you'll see what I mean!

No comments: